This Women's Month we've shown you how to pamper
yourself by running a blissful bath
, recreating a hydrotherapy spa bath
and even teaching you why it's important to pamper yourself
in the first place. But don't forget about treating your hair and nails…
The best way to give your tresses a treatment is with a mask
. Most need to be rubbed into your hair and then given some time to work their magic. So while you're in the shower or bath, give your hair a quick shampoo and then lather on a mask. Sit back and relax for 2 to 5 minutes, or if you're in the shower suds up the rest of your body during that time. When you're ready, simply rinse off the mask and style as usual.
The Professional Sebastian Penetrait Masque
, will restore shine and strength to dull and dry hair, while the Wella Professionals Enrich Mask
, is best used on thick, course hair. KeraStraight
has a great at-home Protein Mask
, for those who've had their hair recently straightened with a KeraStraight treatment. And if you really want to spoil yourself, we recommend Sensai's Intensive Hair Mask
, to strengthen severely damaged hair.
Treat yourself to a mini-mani
after you've given your mane some nourishing TLC. First, file your nails to make sure they're smooth and all the same length. LCN
has a pretty funky Colour Me Up Nail File
, that'll be perfect. Next rub Sorbet's Hydrating Hand & Nail Cream
, onto your hands and nails, and soak them in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes – this will help soften your cuticles
. The shea butter, calendula oil and vitamin E will nourish your skin while the tangerine not only provides a citrusy aromatherapy boost, it also contains vitamin C. Alternatively, instead of soaking your hands, apply the Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover
. Squeeze the thin gel onto your cuticles, wait 15 seconds, then rinse off with warm soapy water.
Now you can gently push back your cuticles with LCN's Nail Care Pen
– the tips are soaked in a yummy apple and pear scented oil, which soaks into your cuticles. Before applying your nail colour, either apply a coat of the Sally Hansen Complete Care Extra Moisturising 4-in-1- Nail Treatment
, or the Tip Top Miraculous Results Nail Build
, to strengthen your nails.
You can continue treating your cuticles by applying the Tip Top Cuticle Treatment
, nightly. You've got to massage this oil into the skin on your cuticles and around the nail, but don't wash it off.
• Professional Sebastian products are available at leading salons nationwide
• Wella Professional products are available at leading salons nationwide
• KeraStraight is available through Prana Products 011 463 9912
• Sensai products are available at selected Edgars, Truworths and Red Square stores
• Sally Hansen products are available at selected Clicks, Foschini, Edgars, DisChem and PnP stores, and selected pharmacies